Monday, October 15, 2007

Everything's coming up tofu...

So...here I am huddled in the lobby of the San Francisco Sheraton, working frantically to get my update done before the shuttle to the airport comes. Officially, I'll be leaving today at 1:38 (or some equally random hour.) I won't be landing, however, until 4:30 tomorrow (so basically, I lose a day...a difficult concept to wrap my mind around.) I must say, despite the fact I'm painfully aware that the flight is going to be cramped and long, I'm super excited! Just a few more hours (ummm...like 12) and I'll be in Japan! :)

I spent most of the day yesterday either traveling or sitting in seminars, but last night, we had dinner at the residence of the Japanese Consul General, Yasumase Nagamine. There was an impressive view of the San Francisco bay (as might be expected...he IS the Consul General, after all), and lots of...ummmm...exotic looking foods. Nothing was labeled (and actually, that's probably better), so I tested a number of sushi-type items. My favorite dish was the Sesame Tofu...not quite as delicious as Benihana's Teriyaki Tofu, but then, what is? ;)

Oh! Here comes the bus!

Ja mata! (which we're gonna pretend means "Talk to you soon", even though technically, it doesn't :p )

No comments: