Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Seats, seats and more seats!

Holy cow! Talk about a long flight (and just as I suspected, it was a bit cramped.) I was feeling hopeful when I initially checked in at the San Francisco airport (19E...sounds pretty decent. I immediately began going over in my head the many seat combinations that could possibly occur: There was the 2-3-3...good for an E seat. Then maybe a 3-2-3...also good for an E seat. A 2-2-2...yeah, that'll work for E.) So when I got on the plane and found a 2-5-2 combination (pause while you, dear reader, work out the E seat on that one), I found myself DEAD CENTER. Ugh. Oh well. Guess I can't complain too much considering this trip is fully funded (that and the fact that they gave us about 20 meals while we were in flight. :) Food nearly always makes me feel a bit more optimistic about things.)

During the flight, I was able to watch three movies, read two magazines, listen to music, eat many, many snacks and close my eyes just long enough to catch a brief snooze (which was nearly always abruptly ended by someone slamming the overhead compartment, or a flight attendant coming by with another snack, drink, hot towel or etc.) After deplaning, I rushed to pick up my bags, go through customs and take a pitstop, only to discover that it was practically dark outside! So, on the way to the hotel, I was able to see lots of pretty lights. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring with it a view of the landmarks behind them. :)

Of course, there's much more to tell...but it's been a long day, so I'm gonna go use the fancy heated-seat toilet (hee hee), and head off to bed. Miss you all! :)

Ja mata! :)

No comments: